Sunday, October 17, 2010

"When the Student is Ready, the Teacher Will Appear."

200 minutes. That's the average commute time I spend daily.

It's only 10 miles from home to work really, but the traffic is such. It's a curse to some, but not for me. Those hours are used to listening to whatever is in my iPod, only 10% of which is music.

Listening to audiobooks gives me at least 1.5 hours of conversation time with the great minds of the world. I've read books by Stephen Covey and John Maxwell in the past, and somehow knew I better write down my long-term goals and form positive habits. Then I encountered Brian Tracy's Writing Your Goals and had more ideas how to go about it step by step.

Interestingly enough, like 95% of population, I never got to do it. I know I want to, but no action.

Fortunately, through Preston Ely's email, I learned about Darren Hardy's The Compound Effect. It has just enough practical instructions, and motivating energy, to have me get going. In its website, you can download some free resources you can use in further determining your values, assessing your habits, abreaking down your input influences, etc.

The pdf for designing your goals can be downloaded here as well, but do visit his website if you got time. It's http://thecompoundeffect.com/resources.php.


I've at least started mine. I'll post it here in the near future because I know some will appreciate the samples like I would. If you get to work on yours, maybe you could share it to me and the others as well. Send me the URL of your blog or we could post it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment